Could Someone Give me Advice on Integrating Custom Label Types in Label Studio?

Hello there,

I am working on a project where I need to incorporate custom label types into Label Studio. I have successfully set up basic labels for text classification tasks; but now I am looking to extend this by integrating more complex label types specific to my project’s needs.

I need to create custom labels that go beyond the standard text classification options. Specifically, I want to integrate hierarchical labels where each label has a set of sub-labels. For instance; if a primary label is Product, sub-labels could include Electronics, Clothing, and Home Goods.

I am also interested in understanding how Label Studio handles hierarchical data in terms of both the user interface and data export. How can I ensure that the hierarchical structure is preserved and accurately reflected in the exported datasets? :thinking:

Also, I have gone through this post; https://labelstud.io/blog/zero-to-one-getting-started-with-label-studio-aws-devops/ which definitely helped me out a lot,

Lastly; if there are any best practices or recommended approaches for integrating these custom label types into existing workflows or automation pipelines.

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance. :innocent:

Hi there! I’m so glad you’ve had some early success with Label Studio. Creating custom labels is part of what makes Label Studio so great. You can integrate hierarchical labels using the Taxonomy tag. For more information, see our documentation. Hope this helps!